- Alternate Route Certification, Teacher of Mathematics, State of New Jersey, 1993.
- Ph. D., The University of Texas, Mathematics (Stochastic Processes), 1986. Supervising Professor: Gary L. Wise
- A. B., Indiana University, Mathematics, 1979
Teacher and Coördinator, Program in Computer Science, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, Durham, NC, 2014 - pres. Responsibilities and accomplishments include
- Founding the program, 2005.
- Deciding offerings and the course schedule
- Implementing new courses and upgrading existing ones to stay current
- Chair, Academic Technology Committee
External Curriclulum Reviewer, Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Aurora, IL, May/June 2014. Provide the school with guidance about the direction and policies for their computer science program.
Teacher and Coördinator, Program in Applied Sciences, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, Durham, NC, 2005 - 2014. Responsibilities include
- Developing and implementing an entirely new program in Computer Science
- Hiring of several colleagues
- Management of relationships with outside organizations, particularly IBM and SAS
Teacher, Department of Mathematics, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, Durham, NC, 2000 - 2005. Responsibilities included
- Teaching Calculus, Precalculus and Computer Science Courses
- Revision of the existing Computer Science curriculum
- Switching the Advanced Placement Computer Science Program to the Java language, and introducing the Python language
- Working with the School Improvement Group to help complete the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accreditation process
- Recommending the school join the UNC System, 2003
- Working on the Academic Technology Committee to revise the school-wide technology plan
Teacher and Senior Member, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Academy for the Advancement of Science and Technology , Hackensack, NJ, 1993-2000. Responsibilities included
- Development of new curricula for sophomore, junior and senior years, development and implementation of AP courses.
- Complete instructional responsibility for AP Calculus.
- Conducting departmental meetings.
- Hiring of four new faculty members.
- Planning use of space and personnel.
- Developing a curriculum in C/C++, including new freshman programming class
- Participating in the admissions process by interviewing applicants, working with a team to create tests, make admissions decisions, and formulate admissions policy.
Graduate Research Assistant/Associate Instructor, 1980-86, The University of Texas, Austin, TX. Responsibilities included
- Four years of teaching at the undergraduate level
- Performing research on stochastic processes and statistical communication theory and presenting the results at international conferences.
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu and Fedora LINUX (user and administrator), MacOSX, Windows
- Bash Shell programming
- R/S+ Statistical Programming Language
- C/C++ programming
- Java (Java 15 and Java FX)
- Python and the SciPy Stack
- Regular expression techniques
- Markup languages: TeX/LaTeX, HTML3
- Website development (HTML5/CSS3/PHP on Apache).